a 'meme' from meme!

>> Saturday 15 August 2009

I've been tagged by 2 wonderful bloggers last week yummymummytips and Sandy Calico , with this thing called a meme? I love reading things about people, it really makes you feel like you know them better (or even just a fab excuse to be nosey!!)

Now if you know me, I'm not the kind of person who hides things... ask me a question no matter how personal and I'll answer! I think knowledge is power.. i ask Questions ALL the time, like a kid.. "but why...." and "if you......" and so on... My bosses always used to find it incredibly annoying, but I was always the 1st to excel and get promoted.. I love learning.. and NEED to learn.. my needs nurture.. especially as I'm not studying anymore.. Roll on next year when i go back to Uni!! WooHoo

Anyway.. I'm digressing... here are my answers to the 'meme' on Well 'me' lol

1. Who is the hottest movie star?
Movie stars don't really do it for me... but if i had to choose, it wold be Vin Diesel.. for 2 reasons only.. His Voice.. OMGosh.. he could talk me to sleep any day! Its so deep and powerful, I love it!! and secondly, his muscles!! I am a HUGE muscle fan! I used to do bodybuilding (before soph was conceived!) my fave muscles are the shoulders.. Oooh.. i love those bumps and dips... I HAD those... one day i hope to have them back... (or a man with some of his own, so i can ogle his!!)

2. Apart from your house and your car, what's the most expensive item you've ever bought?
My stroller... the wonderful and amazing
Stokke® Xplory® I've never bought a house.. or a car (can't drive at nearly 30 years old!) but the Xplory is the BEST vehicle I've ever driven! it was and is the best investment I've ever made.. I wanted the Yellow Xplory Sooo Badly, i saved for Months to afford it! I know people will think I'm crazy for spending over £1000 on a stroller, but really.. it has been the best ever EVER item I've ever bought.. it brings so much Joy to mine and my daughters life.. We love the attention it brings, but MOST importantly, it bring my daughter and I closer together! we talk, play, chat ALL the time and she's the most content child you'll ever meet.. and I 100% put that down to her 'ride' if ever i could endorse a product.. the Stokke® Xplory® would be 'it' LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT! you can see my blog post on it here!

3. What's your most treasured memory?
I would have to say.. that through all of my treasured memories, the one which will live with me for the rest of my life sticking out the most, would be the moment my 4yo son was born. HE wasn't due till March, but was born on the 12th of December 13.5 weeks early. I was all alone in the theatre, I even did the LONG walk to the operating room All alone, just with my thoughts and the fear of what might happen. to be honest, i didn't want anyone there.. this was MY MOMENT and i needed to deal with the situation alone. I won't go into the whole process of his birth, as I haven't ever written it down, or gone through it with anyone yet, still too painful and sore, but I will never forget it. After the operation, he was whisked away, and i was left in recovery at 3am. Another couple had hard their baby before I had gone in, (as i was rushed in, they didn't move this other couple out of recovery before i was put in there.. and I'll never ever forget.. Laying there in the Dark, NUMB from the agony of not knowing anything about my son & hearing this other couples baby cry.... just crying... and I had a sense of calmness come over me, I kept thinking... his baby could be my baby.. the crying soothed me, It helped me concentrate on my own son.. I hoped he'd be crying.. up in his tiny incubator.. I needed Hope! (but as you all know, my son is still here! He did survive the fight and is my constant reminder.. that HE IS my most treasured memory!)

4. What was the best gift you ever received as a child?
As a child i was spoilt.. we came from a very wealthy middle class family and I always got what I wanted.. (spoilt brat syndrome!!) the best gift i ever remember receiving was a my little pony castle for Easter! we always got given at least 10 eggs and 2 presents, I hadn't even asked for this castle, So i was SOOO pleased when i had got it! I loved it, I was never into barbie.. my friend had the house, with the moving lift.. and sun terrace on the roof.. but I LOVED my castle.. and the dragon 'spike' that came with it, He was my best friend!!! i still have him somewhere!

5. What's the biggest mistake you've made?
I don' think I've ever made any mistakes I've regretted... but probably the biggest one was letting my mum catch me with some (shh...) illegal smoking thingymabobs!!
she got me kicked out of school at 13 years old and I went down hill after that.. (again, i wont go into details, but it was the slippery slope that helped me lose 10+ years of my life!)

6. 4 words to describe yourself: a 'mum' Trustworthy, Honest, & Bad-with-money

7. What was your highlight or low light of 2008?

the highlight of 2008 was starting Sophie4Sophie with my sister, we were so bored one day, we bought a Skirt & vest top from a shop in the sale and took it home to create something new for (little) Sophie to wear! the outcome... the Sophie4Sophie pants!

8. Favourite film?
I don't have a favourite film, but was saying to my friend the other day, my only tom cruise film I like is 'war of the worlds' and i think... this film is in my top 5.. as is 'I am Legend' and 'Hancock' I love will smith..

9. Tell me one thing I don't know about you.
um.. one thing that you may all not know.... I could tell you that i was Married... before i had any of my babies... i got married at 18, to the Guy i was with for 3 years... I'd cheated on him, dumped him twice, but got back with him as it was the easiest choice!.. we got married as it was the natural progression of our relationship! he proposed to me at 4am in the morning.. he'd just got in from work and slid the ring on my finger saying.. "we're getting married.." I didn't even notice it till the morning (thought i was dreaming! but not in a GOOD way believe me!!)
I split up with him about 1.5 years later.. I kicked him out of my mum's (we were living there at the time!) and I sold the rings the next day! Harsh cow aren't i!!

10. If you were a comic book/strip or cartoon character, who would you be?
If i could be a super hero I would have to be..... Peter Pettrelli, he's just like Sylar but in a good way, he can absorb powers to use for good... I would love to help and save people.. and how Kick ass would it be to be able to fly, be invisible and Read minds!!!

now, I know i am meant to be passing/tagging some wonderful blogger friends, BUT i think.. most of you have already done this 'meme'
I'm the last to partake i think!! hahaha!!

Anyways, I hope you've all enjoyed reading a bit about me!... I really should be working... LOTS of exciting news to BLOG about next week...

2 comments:

PippaD 17 August 2009 at 13:13  

Oooh the Blame Tara Meme! I love this Meme cos I am sooo nosey too!

san 19 August 2009 at 11:44  

I love your answers! The Xplory is how much?! I told my OH and he said he was going to design a new pushchair!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP