the Price is Right...... or is it??

>> Sunday 30 August 2009


I've been messing about with new dress ideas for a while now, so today, instead of doing my work (shh... don't tell anyone!!) I thought I'd have a go at trying to make some up!

I 1st had a go at a circle dress I've been promising @mummytips, but the fabric I'd bought was pants, it kept sewing really badly! So... until I can buy some more fabric, that dress, is going to be shelved! at least I did get the pattern drawn up and saved for another day!

then I started on another dress! This is a personal favourite of mine.. its a simple style and a great shape for showing off a large printed fabric (which I've got tons of!) I've even bought some fabric especially for making into a dress this shape and I cannot wait to make it now!!

I 1st wanted to do a mock up dress, just to make sure it worked out OK.. it did! (i knew it would!!) so I've decided to run another competition.. using the mock dress!! (don't worry.. its in perfect condition!!)

NOW as per the title of this post.. its inspired me to run a kind of not so free competition! (stay with me on this.. I will explain!!)

I've decided to make this competition a bit differently!

Will the Price be right?? I want you to think of a price.. any price.. (but one your willing to pay!) for this dress!! i can be anything from £0.0001 pennies... to... £11.11 or beyond... the limit is yours?!?!!

The winner will be the person with the most unique *£* price they would like to pay! and are willing to pay this amount! So in fact.. your not actually *winning* the dress.. your winning the dress at a price you'd like to pay! in the most unique amount!

made in Alexander Henry 'Tattoo' fabric, the dress is age 18-24 months.. but it should fit up to age 3-4 *NOT age 5 as stated before, Sorry!!*

OK.. you say.. I'm interested in this competition, but where's the dress?? well here... (below!! LOL)


To enter the competition, Please send an email to play@sophie4sophie.com with your 'Price is Right' price!!
you can enter via twitter too, all you need to do is add @soph4soph in a tweet along with your 'Price is Right' price!!

the competition will run for one week! closing date will be the 6th of September @12am!

there are NO LIMITS to the number of times you enter! so enter as many times as you like!!

GOOD LUCK! and have fun!!


dress measurements are:
Chest - 12.5 inches or 32cms
Waist - 14.5 inches or 37cms
Length - 20.5 inches or 52cms

11 comments:

icklebabe_com 30 August 2009 at 23:44  

Such a fun idea and a really cool dress, Love It!

Emma 31 August 2009 at 02:49  

I had to have £6.66

Anonymous,  31 August 2009 at 05:04  

I want to play but it's too big for the bean! I'll just retweet and promote instead. Fab idea by the way ... and Emma has the right idea there! Love it!

Soph4Soph 31 August 2009 at 06:07  

The competition is for everyone claire, You can enter!! and keep the dress till bean fits it??!

Or if you like... I can make you a special baby size one? ;-)

If anyone is interested in this dress or having one similar in a different fabric, Please get in touch! :-) hello@sophie4sophie.com

Anonymous,  31 August 2009 at 10:07  

I have emailed you :)

Lisa 31 August 2009 at 10:56  

What a cool comp! Good luck everyone

Sian To 31 August 2009 at 15:38  

Nat. I would pay £25 if you make the dress to fit my evil lovlies.... will mean you up sizing though and I will need it x 2!

Kelly 31 August 2009 at 16:44  

Soph looks amazing, what an amazing dress. I'm going to say £5.45 for competition's sake - trying to recreate S4S money style!

Anonymous,  1 September 2009 at 11:15  

Kelly that is pure genius!

Soph4Soph 7 September 2009 at 03:40  

the WINNER is @amylane for choosing £14.68 the ages of all 4 of my children!!

BIG Sophie chose this winning price, as I couldn't choose!!!

SO many great entries.. Thank you all for entering our competition!

LOOK OUT FOR MORE SPECIAL OFFERS AND COMPETITIONS SOON!

Thanks so much, Natalie :-) xxx

Anonymous,  7 September 2009 at 13:15  

Thank you Natalie and Big Sophie for choosing me! I can't wait to see the dress in real life. Will post pics of Faith wearing it :-) xx

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP